Give this recipe a shot next time you decide to use up that ground venison!
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 onion
- Garlic (as much as you like)
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1 big can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 can of hot chili beans
- 1 chili seasoning packet (or season your own)
- crushed red pepper
- olive oil
- brown sugar
- Brown venison with olive oil, onion and garlic.
- Add tomato soup, tomatoes, tomato paste, hot chili beans (don’t drain the beans) and chili seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat down to medium, add crushed red pepper to taste, cover.
- Let simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add brown sugar to taste, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you have squirrel or rabbit, crock pot the meat, de-bone and add to your chili and now it becomes “sweet and spicy wild game chili”!